After taking some time away from the studio, we are re-generated and working harder than before. The break was necessary for our creativity and energy. Looking back on our time off, it was really a difficult time away from the glass. Here are a few samples of things to come:
We will be participating in the San Luis Obispo Open Studio Tour on October 12 & 13 and 19 & 20. Check in and see more as the event weekends approach
I feel very honored to be selected to exhibit one of my latest glass pieces at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art from October 15 – December 4, 2011. Dimensions 2011, a juried exhibit of fine craft created by artists living in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Kern, Ventura, Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. The Central Coast Craftmakers are sponsoring the exhibit. This year’s exhibit juror is Hallie Katz, owner of Human Arts, a gallery in Ojai, California.
The opening reception to meet the artists and enjoy the artwork will be on Saturday, November 12, from 3 – 5 pm. Leave a comment, including your email or phone number, about the piece or are interested in purchasing this glass wall art.
We are excited about next week’s open studio tour. Just as a reminder the San Luis Obispo Open Studio Tour 2011 will be October 15 and 16, in Arroyo Grande. Our studio is located at 755 Via Las Aguilas and will feature new works, our work area, some demos, and have a variety of glass artwork on display. All work will be available to purchase. Our art would love to take up residence in your home.
Be sure to download the official catalog and maps: http://artsobispo.org/openstudios.php
My new email address is email@example.com
We would appreciate comments about your studio and/or this Two KaSA Glass Art site.
Posted in Events, Katherine's Work, Steve's Work
Tagged Fused Glass, Glass Art, Glass Work, Home Studio, Open Studios Art Tour, San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, San Luis Obispo Open Studios Art Tour, SLO County Arts Council, SLO Open Studios Art Tour, Two KaSA, Two KaSA Glass Art
Over 230 artists/studios will be available to the art loving public in October.
The South County, including ours, will be open on October 15 & 16, from 10:00 to 5:00.
Our address is: 755 Via Las Aguilas, Arroyo Grande, CA.
DOWNLOAD the catalog and maps: http://artsobispo.org/openstudios.php
The North County will hold their open studios, October 22 & 23, from 10:00 to 5:00.
Don’t forget to DOWNLOAD THE CATALOG
Posted in Events, Katherine's Work, Steve's Work, Web Sites
Tagged Art Tour, ArtsObispo, artwork, Fused Glass, fusing, glass, Glass Art, Glass Work, Home Studio, Open Studios Art Tour, San Luis Obispo Open Studios Art Tour, SLO County Arts Council, SLO Open Studios Art Tour, Stained Glass, Two KaSA, Two KaSA Glass Art
Hello glass lovers! On August 13, the Central Coast Glass Guild met in Arroyo Grande and I had an opportunity to share some of my favorite things. We meet on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 11:00am to hear what’s new in the glass world, share our latest and greatest, and seek guidance in our endeavors.
Directions [see Gogh Fused photo on Glass Fashion entry]
1. Select your pattern/picture.
2. Determine the size of your project, enlarge your pattern/picture, and cut clear glass to this size.
3. Choose colors and use tile nippers to cut pieces for mosaic. Clean glass before nipping.
4. Place the pattern under the cut clear glass and tape it in place.
5. Determine a starting point and plan the layout for all pieces.
6. Use tweezers to place pieces on the clear glass.
7. After completing an area apply drops of cheap hairspray, which will hold everything in place. Hairspray will cleanly and completely disappear during the firing.
8. Leave approximately 1/4″ around the outside edges. This will give your piece a nice border and will make it easier to hang.
9. Sift a thin layer of clear powder over the entire piece. This fills all gaps and holds the mosaic picture pieces in place.
10. Determine additional decor/effects and apply before placing in kiln.
11. Cut Thin Fire Paper to place under your artwork.
12. Firing schedule:
300/hr to 1100 for 30m
100/hr to 1250 for 90m
400/hr to 1410 for 15m
full/hr to 960 for 2hr
100/hr to 700 for 1m
13. Once it has been removed from the kiln and cleaned it is ready for slumping, applying hardware for wall hanging, placed in a frame, or displayed on a table stand.
I am just finishing some new glass pieces and really excited to show you my new folded vessels. They will be photographed and displayed here next week.
I am looking forward to showing a close group of friends how to make dichroic jewelry. I am impressed with Steve’s recent work. Lately, we have been concentrating on glass works for our home.
Posted here are many more of my creations for you to see. I would like feedback as to what you like and ideas for my improvement and future projects.
We value your input regarding our work. Please include, in your comments, websites that you enjoy and find helpful.
Have a glass day! Katherine
Posted in Katherine's Work
Tagged art, ArtsObispo, artwork, Fused Glass, fusing, glass, Glass Art, Glass Work, Home Studio, kiln, Open Studios Art Tour, Stained Glass, Two KaSA, Two KaSA Glass Art